Demonstrate Your Professionalism & Commitment
In the 2012 Patient Centered Standards, the Commission on Cancer recognizes and recommends OSW-C. The Association of Community Cancer Centers recognizes and recommends Oncology Social Work Certification in their Cancer Program Guidelines.
To promote excellence in psychosocial care to oncology patients, families, caregivers and their community through the process of oncology social work certification.
- Signifies your commitment in the eyes of your leadership
- Represents an advanced level of competence, commitment, and experience in the field of Oncology Social Work.
- Validates your specialty – similar to OCN for nurses
- Is the preferred certification for the required role of “Psychosocial Coordinator” for the Cancer Committee, which is specified in the Commission on Cancer Standards of Care
- Provides you with the potential to receive a bonus or raise in your institution
- Is a great marketing tool for your employer
- Comes with a certificate that you can display and a letter of recognition to be given to your employer
- Demonstrates to accrediting organizations such as Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and your community that Oncology Social Workers comply with standards and ethics that ensure delivery of quality services to all.