Demonstrate Your Professionalism & Commitment
In the 2012 Patient Centered Standards, the Commission on Cancer recognizes and recommends OSW-C. The Association of Community Cancer Centers recognizes and recommends Oncology Social Work Certification in their Cancer Program Guidelines.
To promote excellence in psychosocial care to oncology patients, families, caregivers and their community through the process of oncology social work certification.
- Demonstrates to clients and colleagues that oncology social workers have a defined and specialized skill set.
- Certification is a public acknowledgment of going beyond what is expected.
- Certification opens the door for conversations with patients, staff and administrators about the knowledge, experience and commitment needed to attain this designation.
- Hospitals can use this to demonstrate to surveyors and accrediting bodies that the social workers on staff have attained an exceptional level of experience and competency. This is a strong marketing tool.
- Some hospitals have provided social workers with financial rewards and incentives for becoming certified.